Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

May 6, 2011

A Much Needed Blog Update

It’s been awhile since I have updated the blog so I’ll try to see if I can remember all the key events that occurred over the past three weeks. You know this so-called  “Pregnancy Brain”, well this thing is real!! I am so forgetful right now.

Anyway, Steve’s mom, Socorro was here for 10 days this past month. It was really nice having her because between her and Steve I didn’t do much cleaning to do and NO COOKING! What a great vacation that was!!! Lol It’s the simple little things that make me happy these days as I know once Amelia comes nothing is going to be simple ;-)

A few days after Socorro left, Steve and I headed to Tahoe and got married…that’s right I said married! After 12 years we finally made it official! It was just Steve and I and the minister and it’s exactly how we wanted it. Short, sweet and memorable for us. I can’t believe after 12 years of being with Steve, I can honestly say I still love him more and more with each year. What a great thing we have.

Steve and I did not take a honeymoon per say, however, we did go to the mountains for a fishing / camping trip. What a great time we had. We do plan on taking a honeymoon but not until sometime next year. This year is/was just to busy to plan anything. Hopefully I will have a couple of pictures of us from our wedding ceremony soon and I will post them.

Now for some baby talk! On April 21st I took a Glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I had to go in and drink some sugary orange soda like drink and then wait an hour to get my blood drawn. The next day I got the results and I was higher than the normal standard limit so I was then scheduled for another Glucose test yesterday but this one was more extensive. I had to get my blood drawn as soon as I got to the lab and then drink another drink but this one was twice as sugary as the first one. YUCK!! Talk about just drinking syrup!! It was nasty! Anyway, after drinking you have to wait an hour and then get your blood drawn for the next three hours on the hour. My poor arms were sore by the time I left!! Plus, I was starving!! I had to fast for this test so it was 13 hours before I actually got to eat anything. Poor Amelia was kicking around like crazy wondering where her food was and I was feeling pretty lethargic!!  So after the appointment, I was going to be a good girl and eat my yogurt and cuties but after not eating for 13 hours the last thing I wanted was something healthy, so I decided in honor of Cinco de Mayo I would eat Del Taco and had two.... and yes I said two 1/2 lb. bean and cheese burritos!! Boy did I gorge myself!!! *burp* lol  Of course after gorging myself I worried about the test and maybe that wasn't such a great idea if I had gestational diabetes. lol. Well today, I got the results back and I’m pleased to say that I DO NOT have gestational diabetes!! So relieved and so those burritos were even yummier!!

As for Amelia, she has been more active and I love feeling her move around in me. It’s a feeling only a mother could understand. She seems to be more active in the nighttime, however, she is getting more active throughout the day. I have a feeling she will be like her Papi, in that he is a night owl and likes to sleep during the day. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. Lol

Here is a frontal and side view picture of me at 6 ½ months. I have only gained 8 ½ lbs so far but I am prepared for the next three months to probably double that!! lol



Well next week we head to Omaha to visit sister-in-law and family. It will be nice to see them and to get away because when we come back we have Amelia’s room to do, checkup appointments and baby classes that will last us through June. We are also scheduled for a 3D/4D ultrasound on May17th, which we are so excited about! I hope Amelia is cooperating and we get some great face pictures so we can see whom she is going to resemble. Again. the month of June is pretty much shot for us as we have baby class after baby class to participate in. I will fill you all in as the class happens. I’m sure there will be some funny stories coming from them especially on Steve's behalf!! Lol

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Wooo hooo Lisa and Steve! Congratulations on the nuptials. I teared up when you talked about feeling little Amelia moving around, so precious. I hope to know the same feeling one day too :) In the meantime, I'm really happy you're keeping a blog - I love reading your updates so keep 'em coming. You look fantastic btw - mwah xoxo

    ReplyDelete