Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

March 4, 2011

March BIG Buy

Steve and I went out on Wednesday and bought our BIG-ticket purchase for this month. We bought a crib mattress and a rocker/glider with ottoman. We really lucked out this month in that we got some good deals.


Now with that being said, let me just say doing research on all these items is as stressful as having a baby!! lol  Who would have thought that buying a crib mattress would be so difficult?? I started researching them and found out that there are quite of few things to be cautious of, who would have thought? For crying out loud, it's a mattress!! lol Anyway, we had to make sure that the mattress was firm enough, whether we wanted foam or innerspring, if we went with innerspring that it had at least 150 coil count, that is was flame retardant, that it had vents at the ends of the mattress so it didn't get all stinky and moldy, that is was toxin free and blah blah blah. lol With all that we found one of the top 3 crib mattresses recommended at Wal-Mart of all places and it was on sale!! We were thrilled or at least I was. Steve just laughed as I gave him a high-five in the aisle and a big WHOO HOO!! lol


Next was the Glider/Rocker, well forget about reading reviews online because you will never and I mean NEVER find a perfect one. Someone ALWAYS has something negative to say about them. So we found one that we both liked at Target that was on sale for $179. The woodwork matches the crib and we liked the style. That was all I needed!! lol Now, if Steve can just put it together without breaking it or his usual........have parts left over. lol Here's a picture.
On our way home Steve asked me if I was excited about getting the rocker/glider and I actually said that while I was, I was MORE excited about the crib mattress. He just laughed at me.


We have two doctor's appointments this month. First appointment is on March 16th and this is just a regular prenatal appointment. The second appointment is on March 28th and this is the BIG appointment for us...........we hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) get to find out the sex of the baby. lol  The appointment is really for an ultrasound of the baby to make sure its organs are functioning properly and are in the correct spots. We are really looking forward to this appointment. I know Steve is really looking forward to it as he missed the last ultrasound appointment so he hasn't seen the baby since it was a peanut (Week 7). Well time to get back to work. I'll post after each appointment to let you know how things are going. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really nice looking glider.

    When you get the chance, can you please include a post that has the dimensions of your crib, mattress and stuff for anyone interested in trying to make the things you've requested....hint...hint.....;) Or at least make and model.

    ReplyDelete