Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

February 11, 2011

Week 15



Went to my diagnostic ultrasound appointment on February 4th. Unfortunately, Steve was unable to make it. He ended up running out of gas and couldn't make it in time. We were both sad. This was somewhat of a scary appointment for us as we were going to find out the risk of our baby having Down Syndrome and one other genetic disorder. Thank goodness the results were in our favor and we are at low risk for the baby having either one of these disorders.

On a lighter note, I got to see Baby Arana doing its thing at Week 14. The baby was at first pretty quite but once the doctor starting pushing around on my belly the baby got more mobile. I saw so many pictures of it from all different angles. It really was awesome and wished Steve had been there to share this moment with me. The pictures aren't the best but the first picture is just a profile of Baby Arana. Boy, does it look like it has Steve's head!! BIG!! lol Hopefully, our little peanut grows into that head for his sake and mine!! lol The second picture shows Baby Arana with its hand in his mouth. Can't really tell if it's sucking its thumb or just nomming on its hand. The last picture is another profile pic from a further distance. You can see the profile and its torso.

Upcoming appointments for me are:

February 25th - Blood work for the second trimester. This blood work will be compared with my first trimester's blood work and will tell us if the baby is at risk for any defects. I swear the scare of having an unhealthy baby sure is tiring!! This here should be the last tests that we have to take so from then on I should be able to enjoy the pregnancy.

March 16th - 20 week prenatal exam.

March 28th - Ultrasound. This ultrasound will view the baby’s organs and make sure that they are all growing and functioning properly. We also should be able to find out the sex of Baby Arana. This will be a very exciting day for us!!

As for me, I've been feeling really well. I have been running 5K's (3.1 miles) with Porthos two to three times a week and attending Crossfit. I am doing everything in my power to make sure this birth goes easy, well much as I can do on my end. Baby Arana might have another story to tell. lol I'm still not wearing any maternity clothes and don't really have the "baby bump" yet but I'm sure it will be here all too soon.

In my spare time, if I'm not sleeping (lol), I am online researching and researching all the different products we are going to need for Baby Arana. Who knew there were so many things for the baby to look for? I am so frustrated and have no idea what to buy!! Everytime you find something you like and you read the reviews there's always that one review that just sticks out like a sore thumb and you can't get past it.  Reviews are bitter/sweet I tell ya!! Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on anything please let me know!!!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I think I see Baby A sucking on his thumb in the 2nd photo - neat!

    ReplyDelete